Saturday, April 28, 2012

While I'm Waiting

Lately I have been discovering the beauty in weakness, struggles, and in the face of uncertainty. In the midst of feeling totally inadequate I find myself relying all the more on my Lord. And I realize, that the harder life gets, the more I cling to the promises in His word, and the closer He draws me to Himself.
If you could have peeked into my world at the right moment yesterday you would have found me searching scripture for promises and encouragement, scribbling verses down on a piece of paper and putting that paper in my pocket to carry with me through the day. Today found me transferring the paper to my jeans pocket. I will put them below. Maybe you'll find encouragement in them, also.



Psalm 29:11
"The Lord will give strength to His people,

the Lord will bless His people with peace."


Psalm 27:1, 14
"The Lord is my Light and my Salvation; Whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the strength of my life, of whom shall I be afraid?"


"Wait on the Lord, be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart, wait, I say, on the Lord!"


Psalm 28:8
"The Lord is the strength of His people, a fortress of salvation for His anointed one."


John 1:18
"There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves torment. But he who fears has not been made perfect in love."


Psalm 34:4
"I sought the Lord, and He heard me, and delivered me from all my fears."


It isn't that my life has been incredibly trying or difficult of late; if I were to compare it with others I would say I have it fairly easy. But right now I am facing the unknown, and that is a big part of my struggle. I'm uncertain about a lot of things in my future and for the most part just trying to take life one day at a time, relying on God for the strength to get through each new challenge the day presents. I want desperately to take full advantage of these single years by serving Him in ways that I might find it hard to serve in if/when I am married, but I'm uncertain how that might come into play in my life specifically. I have been seeking His will and at the same time serving Him in the one way I do know He desires: Right here. Right now. The song "While I'm waiting" by John Waller comes to mind.
Sure, the little things may not seem so important to others. But they're important to Him! I'll be posting some of what I've been/will be doing here on my blog.

Blessings to you!

                                           Victoria Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment