Saturday, April 28, 2012

Old Heart, New Heart



My heart was unclean, dirty and full of sin. Even when I managed to hide it from some, I knew–and One other knew–that inside, I was a mess. Scars from past mistakes telling the stories I found too painful to speak of, even at my young age I was headed down a dangerous road.    


Everything I sought to fix the condition I was in only made things worse, adding even more scars and brokenness to my condition. My heart gave in as the habits proved stronger, leaving me broken and ashamed.


My habits and sinful tendencies held me down and I was not free to live the life I so desperately desired. I saw the beautiful hearts of others, and jealousy filled my own. Among other things, Hate, Envy and Dishonesty grew in abundance, while I saw in other's heart's Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Gentleness, Faithfulness and Self-control.



Then one day, I swallowed my pride enough to approach one that I knew possessed a clean heart such as I so desired. The joy in their heart was evident as they told me about the Maker of Hearts. I was told that He could do more than heal my scars, He could give me a brand new heart, free of charge. But I had to come to Him admitting my own failures and shortcomings, acknowledging my inability to fix myself. I had to place my heart in His hands and trust that He knew what He was doing, that the work He had done and would do for me was sufficient. With nowhere else to turn, finally I gave my broken heart to this Heart-maker.
What I received in return, was oh, so much better than the heart I once possessed!
Pure, beautiful and new, it was more than I could have dreamed! That day I committed to allowing the Maker to continue the work He had begun in my new heart.



He planted a seed in my heart and as the Sonshine and His reign came, I learned what the seed was, and the purpose of my heart. 

Beautiful things began to grow and come out of the new heart He had given me; the seed began to produce in abundance. I learned that the whole purpose in having a new heart was that I could now sincerely love Him and love others, without the selfish motives and sinful desires that once plagued me and grew out of my old, sinful heart. 




I know what it is like to have an impure heart, full of darkness, choked with things that bring only pain and guilt. 
And now I know what it is like to have a pure heart, full of Light and the good things I was intended to have. 
Never, ever would I wish for my old heart back!

The Maker of Hearts is Jehovah, God the Creator of the universe.
The Seed that was planted in my heart is the Gospel.
What grew out of my new heart are the good things I once only saw in the lives of others: Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Faithfulness, Gentleness and Self-control.
What has also grown in me is the desire that all would see through my life and story the opportunity to receive a new heart from the Maker, also. 
My life has been transformed by Him and I am eternally grateful for the new heart He have me! 

If you would like to know more about anything I've said here, please, PLEASE contact me with any questions you may have. 

No comments:

Post a Comment