Friday, June 19, 2015

Pray

"Dear Lord,

Here I am. I'm really tired, Master, but here I am. I don't know what You want. I don't understand why I keep waking up. It has taken me nearly two weeks to realize you might be whispering my name in the dark of the night. Speak, Lord, for Your servant is listening. Speak, and speak clearly, for I am hard of hearing."

And speak He did. Not audibly. But His comfort and love was evidenced as the sky began to brighten and daylight fast approached (and I honestly inwardly and perhaps outwardly may have groaned a bit).

For nearly two weeks I have been waking up, without fail, in the early morning hours. I've grumbled, complained, moped, and become irritable throughout it all. I think the latest I have woken up has been 6 or 6:30 two or three times--and one of those times was after being awake till 3. I even woke up suddenly from a dream once, and I distinctly remember smiling as I woke up for no apparent reason. 
Finally, yesterday I decided I was done. If I was going to wake up, I was going to wage war on hell. I half-wondered if irony would have me sleep in, but no, my eyes opened promptly and suddenly at 5:02am as if someone had flipped a switch... after not closing in sleep till sometime after midnight (that was some lightning last night!). 

So why am I writing this? I'm not entirely sure. But pray for me. 
In the midst of this time of my internal alarm blaring at crazy hours of the night, I am burdened with prayer. 
Don't just pray for me, pray with me. If you find yourself at a loss as to what to pray for, I'll gladly help you out. 
Our families, communities, country--our world--needs it. I attended a regional conference last week (along with about 700 others) close to our nation's capital that was set up to bring awareness to worldwide persecution. The persecuted church needs prayer. Just days later a man walked into a church and out of pure hate murdered people gathering to study the bible.
Pray for those who lost family members and friends in the Charlestown shooting. 
 
The millions of innocent lives being murdered through this procedure called "abortion" should break our hearts and bring us to our knees in agony.


 We need to pray. Maybe not at 5am every morning. But pray
If there is any part of your heart that cares, pray. And if you don't care enough, pray, and ask God to change your heart. Ask Him to break your heart for the things that break His. 
Pray. 


No comments:

Post a Comment