Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Blessed Are Those

"God blesses those who are poor and realize their need for Him, for the kingdom of God is theirs.

God blesses those who mourn, for they will be comforted.

God blesses those who are humble, for they will inherit the whole earth.

God blessed those who hunger and thirst for justice, for they will be satisfied.

God blesses those who are merciful, for they will be shown mercy.

God blesses those whose hearts are pure, for they will see God.

God blesses those who work for peace, for they will be called the children of God.

God blesses those who are persecuted for doing right, for the Kingdom of Heaven is theirs."

This familiar passage stood out to me tonight.

For some time now I have desired to do missions work overseas, and I struggle with being patient through this season of preparation, waiting, gathering resources.
Most days I am content. I am blessed to work with children on a regular basis and it keeps me happy and fulfilled. For the past 6 months or so I also had the opportunity to care for my Great Grandmother as she needed more and more care. I held her hand till her fingers grew too stiff to bend without pain, and was at her side when she passed. It was a joy to have this opportunity, and I knew I was needed at home.

Yet still deep in my heart is this burden for the children overseas who are so desperate for love and care, and the desire to use my gifts in photography to bring awareness to so many in my country and others that are oblivious to their cries.

And this passage is an agreement, a promise, in many ways.

"God blesses those who mourn, for they will be comforted."

He will comfort us as we mourn my GG's passing.

"God blesses those who hunger and thirst for justice, for they will be satisfied."

I will see His justice fulfilled.

"Praise the Lord, all you nations. Praise Him, all you people of the earth. For He loves us with unfailing love; the Lord's faithfulness endures forever. Praise the Lord! " -Psalm 117

1 comment:

  1. I was just reading that passage in Matthew 5 during my daily reading today and meditating on it's meaning and application. :) It's great that God has put on your heart to be a missionary, not many people today are willing to go on the missions field! Do you know to what country you are called? Foreign mission or local missions?

    I've prayed for a long time to give me a clear understanding of what calling He has for my life but have yet to know what it is. It's frustrating at times but I'm learning to trust Him through it all and just know I need to work on what He has revealed to me right now. :)

    ReplyDelete